Sunday, June 14, 2015

Om Mani Padme Hum

A few years ago I finally found the time to read The Lost Horizon by James Hilton.  My interest in this book grew slowly over time.  At first I heard it was where the place "Shangri-La" comes from.  Then I heard it was the first book to ever be published as a paperback.  Then I heard interesting things about the writer.  It was a slow road towards finally reading it.

And as I was reading it, I came across a Tibetan prayer that Hilton included in it without explaining much about it: om mani padme hum.   It was weird and I decided to investigate it.  I came across this website and decided to share it as a token that sometimes reading a book is the catalyst for coming across other interesting knowledge that you weren't expecting to find.  I love when that happens :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om_mani_padme_hum 

No comments:

Post a Comment